Every time and again, new appliances which pledge to make our lives easier are being introduced into the market. One such appliance is the NuWave air fryer – a versatile kitchen cookware designed for making fried food without the added fat. This kitchen gadget oozes quality and convenience at your fingertips.
Using super-heated air, it cooks food to crispy, tender perfection, while leaving a lot less mess at cleanup. Today, we’re not going to talk much about the NuWave air fryer itself, but rather healthy recipes for NuWave air fryer that still taste crispy, crunchy and delicious. If you’re craving the crispiness of fried foods, then get started with these 5 NuWave air fryer recipes that scrape the calories and guilt.
5 Delicious NuWave Air Fryer Recipes
NuWave Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Scallops Recipe
- 20 sea scallops, raw
- 5 bacon slices
- Oil spray
- 1 tsp paprika
- 20 toothpicks
- Rinse the scallops thoroughly and drain them. We recommend placing them on paper towels to drench up the excess moisture.
- Wrap each scallop with a piece of bacon and hold the bacon in place using toothpicks. Then, season the scallops.
- Arrange the scallops in a single layer on the NuWave air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and air fry the scallops for 5-6 minutes. Make sure to flip them up when halfway cooked.
- Gently take the scallops out of the fryer and carefully unplug the toothpicks.
- Transfer the scallops into the serving dish.
- Serve warm for 2 people and enjoy.
NuWave Air Fryer Cajun Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1T Cajun spice
- 2T extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh black pepper, ground
- Sea salt
- Scrub russet potatoes and cut them into wedges.
- Transfer potatoes into a large bowl and spray with olive oil until fully covered.
- Place potatoes in NuWave air fryer basket, arranging them so they do not overlap.
- Set NuWave air fryer unit to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and adjust time to 15 minutes.
- Cook potatoes for 15 minutes then flip them and continue cooking for 10 more minutes or until fully cooked.
- Once cooked, place potatoes in a bowl and coat them with Cajun Spice, freshly ground black pepper, and sea salt.
- Serve immediately (while still hot) along with your preferred dipping sauce. This is enough for 4 adults.
NuWave Air Fryer Chicago-Style Hot Dogs
- 8 beef hot dogs
- ½c yellow mustard
- 8 pickle spears
- 8 poppy seed hot dog buns
- 16 sport peppers
- 1/2c yellow onions, diced
- 1/2c neon-green relish
- 1T celery salt
- 16 tomatoes cut into wedges
- Preheat NuWave air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
- Once preheated, lay hot dogs on the fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
- Set hot dogs in the buns and top with the trimmings.
- Serve hot for 4 people.
Chicken Parmesan with Marinara Recipes For NuWave Air Fryer
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast, bones separated and sliced horizontally to make 4 breasts
- 3/4c marinara sauce
- 1c panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2T Italian seasoning
- 1/2c grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8c egg whites
- Cooking spray
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Coat the inside of NuWave fryer pan basket with cooking spray.
- Lay each halved chicken breast between 2 plastic wrap sheets and press them down to even out into 1/8-inch thick.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, mozzarella cheese, pepper, and salt. Whirl to blend.
- Place egg whites in a separate dish and submerge the chicken into the egg whites. Then, dredge chicken through the panko breadcrumbs. Ensure that the chicken is completely covered in both egg whites and breadcrumbs.
- Set the NuWave air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and lay chicken breasts in the basket. Spray upper portion of chicken with cooking spray and let cook for 5-7 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After about 7 minutes, spread marinara sauce over chicken and ladle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Continue cooking for additional 3 minutes or until cheese melts down.
- Serve hot accompanying with a bed of pasta and garlic bread. This is enough for 4 people.
NuWave Air Fryer Crispy Air Fryer French Fries Recipe
- 2-3 gold Yukon potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Garlic powder, paprika, and other preferred seasonings
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the NuWave air to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice potatoes into French fry shapes of about ½-inch thick.
- Place raw potato slices into a large bowl containing warm water. Leave them to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and transfer them into a separate bowl. Then, spray them with olive oil and season with a generous amount of salt, pepper, and other seasonings of your choice, such as chili powder, garlic powder, or paprika. Ensure that the potatoes are well coated.
- Arrange the seasoned potato slices in a single layer on the bottom of the fryer basket. Leave ample gaps between each potato slice for crispier results. Alternatively, if there not enough space on the fryer basket, we recommend flipping the French fries midway through cooking for more even baking.
- With the air fryer set to 360 degrees Fahrenheit, cook the fries for 15 minutes.
- Once done, take the crisp fries out of the air fryer using a spatula. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Recipe Notes: You can place leftover fries in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 4 days. However, they might become soggy with time. In that case, we recommend re-heating leftover fries in the air fryer once more before serving, so they can get crisp again.
The above recipes for NuWave air fryer are your ticket to healthy fried foods with zero mess or fatty calories. To even convince you to hop on to the air fryer oil-less trend, the NuWave air fryer is complete with NuWave air fryer recipes pdf. Even more, all the featured recipes are crispy, relatively healthy, and take the least time to make. Isn’t that a total win?