The keto craze is on the rise these days, more so for people who aim at keeping their body in a fat-burning mode called ketosis. This diet is a super popular and restrictive eating plan involving very few carbs and lots of fat. The Keto air fryer is touted as a phenomenal kitchen cookware that slashes calories from fried foods while retaining much-needed greasy, crisp texture.
While it appears strange that the keto diet enthusiasts would want to use a cooking approach that reduces fat count—keeping in mind that keto aims at increasing fats—air frying provides a fantastic way to enjoy keto air fryer recipes that are high in carbohydrates. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at keto-friendly air fryer recipes that demonstrate Keto air fryer’s versatility.
We’ll explore a variety of best air fryer keto recipes, such as air fried keto buffalo wings, zucchini, chicken, and even bacon. We’re going to learn how to make these dishes without the bubbly grease common in deep fat fryers.
4 Delicious Keto Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Keto Recipes – Buffalo Wings
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Yield: 3-4 Servings
Calories: 167 kcal
- ¼ cup keto-friendly hot sauce
- 1 tbsp ghee or grass-fed butter
- 1 lb chicken wings or drumettes
- Non-stick oil spray, such as Primal Kitchen avocado oil
- Preheat the Keto air fryer to 400°F.
- Place the butter in a small saucepan and melt over medium heat.
- Add in the keto-friendly hot sauce and whirl until fully combined.
- Adjust the heat to low and keep the sauce warm.
- Place the wings in the air fryer and coat lightly with the non-stick spray. Fry for 10 minutes.
- When 10 minutes are over, open the air fryer and shake the wings or rotate them using tongs.
- Continue cooking for additional 10 minutes, or until the wings are completely done and crisp.
- When fully cooked, take the wings out of the air fryer and transfer them into a bowl.
- Cover the wings with warm buffalo sauce, and toss them to evenly coat. Serve warm and enjoy.
Bacon Air Fryer Recipe Keto
Prep Time: 4 Minutes
Cook Time: 11 Minutes
Yield: 11 Slices
Calories: 91 kcal
11 slices bacon, cut thick
- Divide the bacon in half, and put one of the halves in the Keto air fryer.
- Adjust the air fryer temperature to 400°F and switch the timer to 10 minutes (possibly less than 10 minutes if the bacon is thinner).
- When halfway through, check to confirm whether anything needs to be rearranged. Use the tongs for this purpose if necessary.
- Continue to cook for the remainder of the time, and then check for desired doneness.
- If you like it extra crispy, cook for about 1.5 minutes more to achieve the desired perfection.
- Remove bacon from air fryer and transfer to a bowl.
- Empty the grease from the lower basket before cooking the second batch.
- Serve warm.
Keto Friendly Air Fryer Recipe – Zucchini Fries
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Calories: 147 kcal
- 2 medium zucchini
- A large beaten egg
- ½ tsp Italian season (or seasoning of choice)
- ½ cup almond flour or Italian breadcrumbs/panko
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Pinch of pepper and salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Olive oil for spraying
- Cut zucchini in half and into sticks (or fries) of approximately 3-4 inches long and ½-inch thick.
- In a shallow bowl, combine together the grated parmesan, almond flour (or breadcrumbs), spices, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whirl the ingredients to blend.
- Dredge zucchini in egg, followed by almond flour mixture, and transfer onto a baking sheet or plate. Coat zucchini with a liberal amount of cooking spray.
- Working in batches, arrange zucchini fries in a single layer in the Keto air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature to 400°F and change the timer to 10 minutes.
- Cook until crispy. Then remove and serve immediately.
You can also make this keto recipe in oven following the above instructions. However, you need to bake for 30 minutes in an oven that’s preheated at 425°F. Here is an oven baked version that will help you achieve golden and crispy results.
Low Carb Keto Paleo Baked Chicken Nuggets – Best Air Fryer Keto Recipes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
Calories: 286 kcal
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast, Free-range boneless
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 4 egg whites
- 6 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- Pinch sea salt
For the dip:
- 2 tbsp natural creamy almond butter
- 1 tbsp water
- 4 tsp coconut aminos (GF soy sauce is an alternative)
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sriracha, to taste
- Preheat the Keto air fryer at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- As the air fryer is heating up, slice chicken into nuggets of about 1-inch pieces. Pat dry the chicken nuggets and transfer them into a bowl.
- Coat the chicken nuggets evenly with salt and sesame oil.
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine the ground ginger with coconut flour. Shake well to mix. Place chicken into the bag and also shake until coated.
- In a large bowl, mix the egg whites with chicken nuggets. Twirl until the chicken nuggets are well coated in the egg.
- Place sesame seeds in a large Ziploc bag. Shake any excess egg off the chicken and place the nuggets into the bag. Whirl to fully blend.
- Spray a generous amount of cooking spray over the mesh air fryer basket. Put the nuggets into the basket, ensuring they are not crowded or they won’t get crispy. Apply a touch of cooking spray.
- Cook for 6 minutes. Flip each nugget after 6 minutes and spray with cooking spray. Then, continue cooking for extra 5-6 minutes, until the outside is crispy and the inside is no longer pink.
- As the nuggets are cooking, take a medium bowl and whisk all the sauce ingredients together in it until smooth.
- Serve the nuggets with the dip and devour while still hot!
All the above air fryer recipes are keto-approved and simple to make with your air fryer. Our air fryer recipes keto give you the opportunity to live your healthiest keto life ever, with no apparent sacrifice on golden crispiness. Whether you’re into ketosis or not, we recommend giving these keto friendly air fryer recipes a shot, and you’ll forever be thankful!