What comes to your mind at the mention of an air fryer? And what about chicken? Do you have your chicken cooked in an oven, or do you prefer them grilled? Do you think they are tasty as they should be? Well, I do not need the answers. I have my own experience with cooking using oven and grills, and I can therefore relate. An air fryer has many advantages. However, you can only begin to appreciate how vital it is as if you learn how to fry chicken in an air fryer.
Fried Chicken Air Fryer Recipe
If you are the type that never has enough crispy chicken, then an air fryer is the ideal choice for your cooking. Chicken fried in an air fryer is tastier and crunchy more than the ones done over grills and ovens.
Why should you make air fried chicken
Let’s agree on one thing. There is nothing wrong with cooking your chicken over the grills and ovens. However, the following two reasons should be enough to make you abandon those grills for an air fryer.
- Air frying has many health benefits. Unlike deep frying that uses a large amount of oil, air frying uses a significantly little amount. You can arrange your food in the fryer such that they don’t immerse fully in the oil. As a result, the food is likely to absorb little oil. We all know what excess fats in the body can do, don’t we?
- You are assured of time-saving the moment you decide to use an air fryer. First, there is not much to clean in air fryers. It is not like dealing with huge pots of oil that takes almost an eternity to clean.
What type of chicken should you use?
Is there an ideal type of chicken for air frying? I am yet to find out. Nonetheless, I believe buying a chicken and preparing it by yourself is better. At least, in this case, you will choose whether to use the dark or white meat
Another type of chicken you can recommend for your family is the chicken strips. You will need to be careful with the cooking time. Always be on the lookout while cooking strips. They could easily get burnt.
You will need the following ingredients:
- A whole chicken that you will divide into pieces
- A little kosher salt
- Finely grounded black pepper
You will, however, require additional elements for coating the chicken. Some of the ingredients include seasoned salt, flour, garlic powder, and olive oil.
- Create a mixture of chicken, buttermilk, and hot sauce and put them in a freezer for at least a day.
- Mix flour, salt, powder, and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Retrieve the chicken in buttermilk and put them in the air fryer
- Set the temperature to 390 degrees and cook for at least 13 minutes.
- Remove from the fryer
Do not forget to spray the chicken before you begin cooking. It is also vital that you arrange the chicken in a single layer. Let the not stuff up the basket. Always remember there will be a variance in timing. Be alert.