If you do not love bacon, then there is probably someone close to you who can’t sit for breakfast without tastily done piece of bacon. Admittedly so, bacon is a critical component of our daily diet and forms a significant part of our daily diet. However, the primary headache can be coming up with adequately cooked bacon that leaves one asking for more. In this article, we look into how to cook bacon in an air fryer.
Cooking using air fryer looks like it is the best invention after technology. An air fryer can make those junk foods like back ribs, fish, and chicken wings look and taste healthier. It completely removes the excess fats and oils from the foods and leaves you with calorie-free food. It is, therefore, possible to have your bacon comfortably and cooked adequately in an air fryer.
One exciting feature about the fryer is that it a small convection oven that circulates some hot air around the food as it cooks. This type of cooking typically changes the landscape in the area of cooking, more specifically for fried foods. One of the main concerns, however, is how long it takes to cook bacon in an air fryer. Well, that is the main reason you are reading this article.
Air Fryer Bacon Recipe – How to cook crispy air fryer bacon
The following directions should guide you to ultimately come up with crunchy and healthier bacon that melts the hearts of many.
- Four strips of bacon that are cut into equal halves
- A little salt
- Preferably some black pepper (optional)
- Switch on your air fryer. Preheat it to about 375° for close to two minutes.
- Pick each of the bacon halves and gently put them on the rack that comes with the fryer. This should ensure the slices of bacon are not sitting on the bottom.
- Once done with the arrangements, cook the bacon for 8 to 12 minutes. Use tongs to ensure the portions of bacon stay in a single layer.
- To ensure you attain a crispy taste, you can cook for a relatively more extended period.
- Use the tongs to pick the bacon from the fryer. Ensure you put the bacon on some paper towel to allow it to drip the excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite dish.
Problems encountered during cooking.
You already know how to cook bacon in an air fryer bacon. However, you need to know one thing before you switch on your air fryer. The red flag is that you should not too much bacon at once at higher temperatures. If you do that, you could experience some smoking.
How do you prevent excess smoking?
- As a matter of precaution, try not to cook more than six pieces at a time for any large fryer. For smaller fryers, keep the parts at a time to a maximum of three.
- Make sure you cook bacon in a well-ventilated area. The windows should remain open, and all the kitchen exhaust fans turned on.
- Add some little water at the bottom of the fryer.
There you go. You have all the information on how to make a strip of crispy bacon and the precautions to take when things go south. Get into the kitchen and enjoy cooking.