Air fryer and nuwave oven are among the top-notch cooking appliances which everyone would like to have in the kitchen. These appliances are used for the same purpose, what differs is their working mechanism and the delicacy always remains.
Below we will see air fryer vs nuwave oven comparison so that you can know the difference between the two. The air fryer is mainly known for cooking food while nuwave oven is used for warming food but it can also cook food.
Air Fryer Vs Nuwave Oven
As stated above, air fryer is used for cooking. It uses convection technology to circulate hot air around the food. The inventors of air fryer were intending to match the delicious taste of food and their unique texture.
This appliance usually cooks food by circulating extra-ordinary hot air. The air fryer blows the hot air using a powerful fan that is on its top. While cooking the food, one places what she/he is cooking in a basket resembling that of a deep fryer.
For the food to be ready, the hot air pass around and through the food. The food is cooked on all sides by the hot air which is evenly distributed. While the air is circulating in the air fryer, it usually creates a Maillard reaction which makes the food to have fried food, crisp outer crust, and texture.
Advantages of Air fryer
Disadvantages of air fryer
- Food tastes different compared to deep-fried food
- It is a little bit slow compared to the deep fryer
- Most of the models ate costly
- Some have a limited capacity not suitable for larger families.
Nuwave OVEN – Nuwave Oven Vs Air Fryer
This is a cooking appliance that simultaneously utilizes infrared, conduction and convection.
The working mechanism of nuwave oven
By combining the above three technologies, makes the food to be cooked a bit faster.
The conduction technology enables the nuwave oven to heat the food. The convection technology enables hot air to blow through and around the food by the use of an internal fan. While the infrared technology applies a radiant and invisible heat which penetrates inside the food and ensure the food is evenly cooked.
Nuwave ovens can be used to grill, dehydrate, warm, broil and reheat food. Most nuwave ovens can be used to prepare big meals because they have big capacities. Nuwave oven cook faster and are healthier.
Features of Nuwave oven
- It combines different technologies in cooking food.
- It have a big capacity to enable to prepare huge meals.
- They cook fast
- It is safe and easy to cook using nuwave oven
- It is smart by its look
- It’s easy to clean
- Easy to disassemble
Disadvantages of nuwave oven
- It’s too huge
- They usually break easily
- They are much costly
- They differ in temperatures
Similarities of air fryer and Nuwave oven
Though these two kitchen appliances use different technologies in cooking, they do accomplish the intended purpose. Below are some of their similarities;
- Both are easy to clean
- Both are safe to use
- Both are eye-appealing by the look
- They are healthier compared to deep-frying
- They are easy to setup
- They cook a wide range of food like chicken, roasts, ham, and turkeys.
- Both cook food quickly
- Both are easy to use
- Due to less cooking time implies less operating cost
Differences between an air fryer and nuwave oven
According to the information given so far, there is no doubt there are some differences between nuwave oven vs air fryer.
- The nuwave oven has a bigger basket compared to air fryer due to its doom design which enables it to fit larger meals. On the other hand, many air fryers are much smaller hence cooking much less food. In case you want to cook larger meals using an air fryer, then you have to get a larger capacity air fryer.
- In terms of fragile, nuwave oven usually breaks easily due to its design and they are not replaced. Air fryer does not break up easily and therefore you need not to worry while purchasing it since its parts can be replaced.
- In most cases, air fryer can heat up to 400 degrees F, while nuwave oven heats up to 350 degrees F. This means air fryer cooks faster compared to nuwave oven hence getting the crunch and crisp texture while cooking using an air fryer.
- Cooking using air fryer gets your food less oily. This takes the cooking process to another level as compared to nuwave oven.
- An air fryer is only used to cook food while nuwave oven can cook food, warm and reheat foods.
In a nutshell, these two appliances have their benefits and their disadvantages as discussed above. Also, they share some similarities.
It is therefore of great essence for one to understand the nuwave oven vs air fryer before deciding which appliance to buy without forgetting that air fryer is much safer to use compared to nuwave oven. This is because its more convenient and more reliable compared to nuwave oven.
Again the food cooked using air fryer has fewer calories compared to food cooked using nuwave oven. It is, therefore, necessary for an individual to decide which appliance is best for him/her. It is also important to know that there are also commercial air fryers though they use the same technology used by those used at homes.